DeenDayal Antodaya Yojana by PMC
DeenDayal Antodaya Yojana by PMC – National Urban Livelihood Mission(NULM): Pune Municipal Corporation helps to poor people by providing skill training. DeenDayal Antodaya Yojana or DAY is a Government of India scheme for helping the poor urban people. The aim of these scheme was organizing urban poor (BPL) in their strong grassroots level institutions, creating opportunities for skill development leading to market-based employment. Also helps them to undertaking risky activities for easy access to credit. The Mission is aimed at providing shelter equipped with essential services to the urban homeless in a phased manner. Nowadays many peoples facing shelter problem in urban areas. The official website is www.pmc.gov.in visit for getting more details about these scheme.
Operational Guild lines:
- Scheme of Shelter for Urban Homeless (SUH): The aim SUH is to provide permanent shelter for urban homeless poor peoples. Mainly for children, women, handicapped and ill person. Homeless is the major problem of nowadays. That situation is very dangerous. Peoples have no security. SMU also provide security through this scheme.
- Self Employment Programme (SEP): SEP given financial support to individuals/groups of urban poor for setting up gainful self-employment ventures.
- Support to Urban Street Vendor: The aim of these scheme was providing skill training to urban poor. Also supporting social security options for vulnerable groups such as women, SCs/STs and minorities.
- Social Mobilization and Institution Development (SMID): These groups find financial and social needs of urban poor. City Livelihood Centers (CLCs) will be established in Mission cities to provide a platform whereby the urban poor can market their services and access information on selfemployment, skill training and other benefits.
- Employment Through Skills Training and Placement (EST & P): EST & P provides skills to unskills urban poor peoples. Through this program urban poor can set up self-employment ventures or secure salaried employment.
For more details about these scheme please visit this official website.