Pune Municipal Corporation Gharta Project
Pune Municipal Corporation Gharta Project- Gharta Project is the one of the scheme under the Pune Municipal Corpoartion (PMC). The aim of Gharta Project is to teach good habits in the children living on the streets. Also provide good education for such children. Social Development Department also helps to Gharta Project. Gharta Project provide shelter, food, light etc for such children. For get more details about these scheme visit website www.pmc.gov.in.
An approval has been received for initiating the Gharta Project from the Hon. Standing Committee, Resolution No. 663 dated 4/09/2007, Resolution No. 92 dated 22/4/2013 and Resolution No. 1665 dated 26/11/2015.
- Shri Shreemal Clinic, Laxminagar, Yerwada, Pune-06 (John Paul Slum Development Project) (Number of children 100)
- Bholageer School, PMC School No. 4, Somwar Peth, Pune-11 (Ekalavya Bal Shikshan Nyasa) (Number of children 60)
- PMC School No. 100 Bunter School, Hadapsar Gadital, Pune-28 (Bachpan Bachao Sanstha) (Number of children 60)
Some activities under these Scheme given below
- Providing hot water for bathing at the above mentioned three locations for the children who are part of these project.
- Under these scheme, education of these children is going on in the PMC schools.
- Medical check-up of all the children part of this project has been done once in a year.
- Counselling is done by the counsellor at the institute.
- In this project, NGOs provides shelter, food, light, clothes, school stationary etc by the Pune Municipal Corporation.